Friday, January 9, 2009

DAY 51

i had a really nice christmas break at home in richmond, virginia. the best home i ever knowed.
now though, it's back to the grind. today marks the end of my first week back at school. i hope to make straight A's and turn all the jokes about my slacker work ethic on their backsides! so there!
here are my resolutions for 2009:
-make straight a's
-turn jokes on backsides
-stick it to the man (uncle marshall)
-read 50 books
-write
-be better

easy enough. also, i can't believe it's been 51 days since william's departure. time is really flying.
one thing i wanted to do was start learning spanish this year too, partly so i could know what william was saying if he ever sent me letters in code. here is a montage of photos that represent my prior experiences with hispanic language and culture:





pictured: The Three Amigos (top), me disgruntled at Cafe Rio (bottom)

i don't know how much more culture will even fit in me, but i am going to try.
one thing that revived this particular resolution for me, happened at work today:
i was putting away DVDs when a man next to me points to the movie "A Christmas Carol" and asks "....es..esScrooge?" to which i could only smile and say, "Uhhh yes, es.. Scrooge."


i'm excited for 2009 however fast i hope it flies. roco la fiesta!


4 comments:

E-Dawg said...

That is how I felt whenever I went to Cafe Rio because I hate how trendy it is! Arrgh! That's a great picture. One for the refrigerator door even. Good luck on the goals.

The DuPree's said...

LAURENA!!! I didn't know that you had a blog! I'm so happy at this spectacle! How are you doing? I miss you a lot! Let's get together soon and thanks for being so stinkin' funny! I've missed you and your sillyness!!! Lovies!

Rebecca Woolston said...

Lauren! I just found your blog from Madeline's. So exciting that we connect through internet. I hope you are ok if I put a link from my blog to yours. :) Happy Sunday.

canne said...

i had to stop reading your blog at work because i was LOL-ing and it was hard to cover that up with fake coughs and nose-blows.