this is mount timpanogos. i went on a whim with my roommate carol ann and friends. we started at the base at midnight and got to the top at a quarter to 6 am, about? when i say top i mean some people went all the way up, but i reached a point (at the almost top i would add) when i did not feel bad about not continuing any further. so i sat, enjoyed the view, got a short cry in, and then it was freezing. luckily two nice men came and asked if i would like to continue to walk slowly between them, for my own safety. they were nice and i met up with the group again and started back down happily. i stopped talking after about 3 hours so as not to say anything irritable/hateful to anyone. The hike took 9 hours. needless to say, MY BODY HURT.i am still recovering as i ate a popsicle and some chips for dinner beforehand and i barely exercise. it was beautiful though and i'm glad i can say i did it now.
other things are good. just sent a package to william including tape/pix/werther's. felt good about it.
also yesterday was a beautiful, peaceful sunday. ate some delicious ratatouille. laughed. held baby mosaea.
3 comments:
never did vrat. miss you baby loo.
Yo,
I think I did the same thing. I got to like the saddle where you look over and then I saw people like cling to the mountainside to say they made it up a little further and I was like 'no way Jose'.Hope everything is going good out in BYU land.
so fun to see you have a blog. i'm a little slow. i'm jealous you climbed timp., in a masacistic sorta way. i have no idea how to spell that word! how's william?
Post a Comment