i'll say things like: "nutso", "freaky friday", "bummerwolf", "goodnight nurse", "oh, hell", "poop" as an exclamation, "whatthup" and "yeth" - always with the lisp. and i put R's into words a lot, for example: my roommate Whitney becomes Whiterney, hello > herro, etc....
in retrospect, it's funny that i thought some of those were cliches. also funny that those are the words i realize i say most often after claiming to love language. BUT STILL - i overuse words. i should be more creative.
it's weird how the sayings/vocab we use everyday comes together. my past and future roommate madeline was ALWAYS quoting movies. we would laugh all the time at borrowed/ appropriated phrases - "farging bastiches!" - "speak engrish!" - "go away, read some books".
living in close quarters with people almost makes you the same person because you develop inside jokes, or you just listen to them and pick up on their idiosyncracies and adopt them. it's fun! and creepy.
i am at work and my friend jacob just came by and i told him what i was writing about and he said one of the exclamations he always uses is: "H. Peterson!"
???!!!
4 comments:
BLERGGGGGG!
How many times have I heard you say bummerwolf? I don't know. Maybe once? I think maybe you just wish you said it more.
Glad to see you followed through on your sudden inspiration to blog more.
And we are in a fight right now because you wont talk to me on the phone at the exact instant I would like.
And Katy Anderson thinks you are great.
yeah.
I don't think I hang out with you enough. I didn't know about any of these expressions. (frowny emoticon)
using catchphrases doesn't mean you aren't a lover of language. language is constantly evolving!
but I don't think you really get to claim "poop".
i don't claim to have invented "poop".
Post a Comment